Release the "mommy guilt," cut yourself some slack and take a little "me" time. I'm hoping to combine a cup of fact, and sprinkle in just enough of my own experience along with a dash of my failures to help you see that no matter the recipe you are a better mother than you give yourself credit for! If you have come looking for perfect punctuation and spelling, well then you are in the wrong place. In fact I am totally one of those people who use punctuation as an accessory. Ya know? Like hair bows.



If you need REAL advice from REAL working and stay at home mom's on pregnancy, childbirth and everything from the newborn to teenage year's. You have come to the right place! Sit back, relax, contribute your comments and......don't forget to take time to smell the baby lotion.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Potty Training Preparedness!

Oh friends....I have been incredibly busy between the family, my job as a CNA and Time 4 Me. Time 4 Me has added cleaning to our list of ways to give you mom's a break and it seems that many of you are taking this opportunity. I love it! The down side is it seems this blog has been slightly neglected. Until now. This is a story worth waiting for.

I was work as a CNA a couple of weeks ago. I work on the postpartum unit at the hospital and we take care of new moms and their babies until they go home. I was helping a family and their new addition as they left the hospital and headed for home. Mom, Dad, new baby and I took the elevator down and just as we were getting off Grandma was there with the couples 2 year old son. This family didn't want to miss a minute of this memory and as you can imagine it took us no less than 10 minutes to get from the elevator doors the 20 feet to the front doors of the hospital. Once there Mom, newborn and I stood just outside the double doors and enjoyed the fresh air as Grandma was a few steps behind us and 2 year old son was running in and out of the double automatic doors. Those are like magic to a toddler. He was having so much fun. Dad went to pull the car up and when he got back Grandma really wanted him to take a picture of little man 2 year old playing in the doors. Like I said, this family didn't wanna miss a moment. Dad proceeded to take pictures until till he was able to get that PERFECT action shot of little man running through the doors.
Do you feel like this story isn't going anywhere? Ya, just how I felt. Lol. So finally we are ready to round up the troops, load em up and move em out. Little man 2 year old takes one last trip through the doors, into the hospital. Turns and starts to run back out and stops, HUGE smile on his face, right between the set of doors. The family called the young man on but he stood motionless, smiling, then what before my eyes should appear? Out of the shorts of the little 2 year old falls a TERD the size of a tennis ball. NO KIDDING! How on earth something that large came from something that small, how it got out of his unders unless he was flying free under those shorts I will never know. So where is your lesson in potty training? Grandma, was slick as a whistle. From her purse she pulled out a zip lock baggin in which there were 2 wet wipes. She took the wet wipes out, turned the baggie inside out and scooped up that poop just like you would if you were walking your dog, cleaned the carpet with the wet wipes and then zipped it all up and threw it away! It was hilarious and amazing. One of those times where you aren't sure you just witnessed something so hilarious. So, thank you Grandma. Kids or no kids I will be sure to pack my baggie and wipes cause ya just never know when you may need them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I would have died. How embarrassing! But, way to go Boy Scout Grandma!

    ReplyDelete